The kids would have been thrilled to play in the hotel all day.
I'm not sure why we try so hard.
But with cousins cued up and the Air and Space Annex to explore, they didn't put up too much of a fight!
This is easily Superkid's happy place.
The girls could care less where they were as long as they could be together!
The littles were just happy to be un-tethered with wide expanses to roam (run).
And Tadpole will put up with anything that involves a gift shop.
But we had important things to see. Like the Enola Gay.
You know, the HUGE plane that dropped the atomic bombs on Japan.
AND Space Shuttle Discovery. Amazing. Seriously amazing.
And SOOOO big.
Can you imagine how much energy it took to thrust that bad boy into outer space?
I wish I could have seen that.
The SR-71Blackbird that brought the boys (even the biggest boy) to their knees.
It's a spy plane you know. It goes 3Xs faster than the speed of sound. Think of that. Go U.S.A.
And what about the F-4? This is the plane that Uncle Dave flew in the Vietnam War. Only his was cooler because he was a Navy man and flew this sucker off of an aircraft carrier. Can you imagine?
I had an amazing time. The whole museum was spectacular. But Pops, who you may know as a history and legal buff, is also an airplane guy. He knows them all. I would have guessed he studied for years in preparation for our visit. Turns out he pretty much did, only it was about 25 years ago.
Having my own personal (hotty) expert made the museum the best ever.
Another fun day.
1 comment:
so Awesome
Post a Comment