Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Flinched First

We've had it pretty good around here. Since Pops has moved his office home and I was out on maternity leave there have been two of us to man the scene and no plausible reason to take 5 Toads out into public solo. The honeymoon had to come to an end. I'm back to work and it is time to buck up. Question was, who was going to crack first and take *all* the kids out? We all knew it was going to be me. But I was determined to put it off. Just not as determined as Pops!.

Abz handed me a card the other night advertising the Town's Art Show. I saw that it was that night and started about 45 minutes before. I shook my head and gave her a definitive "No.". Pops was out meeting a client. I heard some buzz between the kids a couple of minutes later. Turns out both Superkid and Abizella had art selected to be in the show. Ugh. Definitely "NO." became, "Okay everyone, grab your shoes, wash your faces, and Little Chief put some pants! Get in the car and buckle up!"
I can't believe we walked in and straight ahead of us was Abizella's piece! Wahoo!
Sadly, we never found Superkid's piece. But Superkid was very understanding of the obstacles we were up against, namely every proud parent in town and our own feisty toddler. We bobbed and weaved through the crowds, Superkid snapping pics on his iTouch, Abz waving at her little friends, the baby snoozing, Tad wrestling LC for control of the umbrella portion of the stroller and LC fighting his brother on one front and performing a Houdini act on the other. I knew our time was up the minute LC busted out of his stroller straps. A memorable trip. And actually I am glad we journeyed out. I'm proud of my little Toad's and the look on Abizella's face was worth it all.

No comments: