When I was on the swim team we would swim these sets called, "No Breathers". Basically the idea is to dive in and swim underwater to the other side of the pool and as far as you could back without taking a breath. These freaked me out. I usually hyperventilated before I dove in the pool.
I am now T minus 2 days until I go back to work. I love my job. I love my family. Working full time and being a mommy kind of feels like a, "No Breather". The last few days I have been oscillating between hyperventilating trying to do all the things I know I won't have time for (shopping trips to Costco, organizing children's clothes, writing thank-you notes, organizing playdates) and just cherishing every second I have to squeeze my tiny baby and engage with the bigger Toads.
I am not going to lie. The last 9 weeks have been nice. It certainly has not been easy riding here at home, but for some strange reason I love it. I love them. Even though the 5 little Toads can be demanding and the house work is impossible, I love being here all the time.
My work is intellectually stimulating and gratifying. I enjoy being there, but my heart is with my wonderful husband and my sweet little Toadies. I love you!
1 comment:
I can't believe it's been 9 weeks!!!! I definitely didn't call you enough during your "free time" off.
Post a Comment