The Philadelphia Temple is majestically beautiful!
Because you have to be an adult with a Temple Recommend to get full access to the temple, this was our kid's first time to visit a temple. Before the temple is dedicated, it is open to the public to tour. We were happy to seize that opportunity!
Pops and I both toured the Jordan River Temple before it was dedicated when we were kids. I remember standing in a mega-long line with my brothers and sisters. My sisters and I wore our prettiest twirly dresses. I also remember putting booties on over my shoes before we walked through the temple (to protect the floors). I don't remember much else besides the excitement of the day and recognizing the importance of actually going inside a temple. That was a big deal to me and something I carried with pride.
It was really great to share this experience with my family!
I asked the Toads their favorite part.
Superkid: The Endowment Room
Abizella: Bride's Room
Tadpole: Sealing Room
Little Chief: Touching the crystals in the Celestial Room
Jaws: The Baptism Room
Me: Independence Hall painting in the entry way
Pops: He loved the layout.
We all agree- the crystal chandeliers in the Celestial Room were spectacular!
The air conditioning was a big hit too.
Great idea Pops! It was fabulous to go inside today!
No comments:
Post a Comment