All those times we have driven past New York I have sworn that we would stop one of these days and check out the Statue of Liberty.
Today was the day.
We launched from the New Jersey Liberty Park side which offered spectacular views of the Big Apple.
We pushed off first to Ellis Island
The place where thousands of people got off a boat to begin again in America.
This grand hall made a big impression on Pops and I when we visited 15 years ago. I like how they have kept it empty so you can imagine the masses filing through to start their new life in a new country.
As we were walking and chatting we made a fantastic discovery-
The focus point of the ellipses! Superkid ran to one side and I stood in the other and we just jabbered and chatted and listened to our amplified voices.
Superkid was enthralled!
Little Chief took the opportunity to belt out a little opera.
This kid LOVES to sing opera and sings it out all the time- but the focus point brought his love of opera to a whole new level.
Next stop- The Statue of Liberty!
Oh! The anticipation.
We got tickets to climb up to the top pedestal (215 stairs!).
And the view from on top was spectacular.
If you don't have an appreciation for 215 stairs- look at this!
Once again, we felt like we earned ourselves an ice cream cone.
No comments:
Post a Comment