It's a good thing that Andy and I kicked out this "Apple Dumpling Princess" dress for Abizella last night or the Super Bowl Party would have just been Super Sad!
I think it is a good, fun thing to sew your daughter a dress, but I wasn't sure that it was something I needed to do more than once (especially since I normally don't even pay as much money for a dress that I don't have to assemble myself...or with a lot of help from Andy). That is why we decided to make a size 5 dress...she can cinch it in now, and keep rolling it out until she is 12. There is still a little work to do in the cinching area...but Abizella was good to model the nearly finished gown to the sorely disappointed crowd.
And here is Abizella registering her disbelief over the last 35 sec. of the game...
Very sad, but at least the company and the food were fantastic. And Thank-you HH and Pops for wrangling the kids so the ladies could sew.
6 comments:
What a cute dress - I think you did a fantastic job! Your model is even cuter! Give her loves from us.
Abizella looks darling! The dress is cute too. Every time I see pictures of her I eat my heart out, you have stink's cute kids.
LOVE THE DRESS! That fabric is amazing. Where did you get it? Once again, you inspire me. I've had a fancy lately to sew matching dresses for my girls, too. And I'm sure I'll be devoting more than one post to it, if I ever do (because it won't be completed in one game-time. ha! How'd you do that?).
Nice job sewing. I am impressed. I quilt but do not dare attempt sewing anything to be worn. It intimidates me. Here's hoping you got to use the new serger.
Way to go missletoes! I did not know you had this sewing talents buried somewhere in you! I'm impressed the dress is darling!
I love the dress and fabric. I understand it is something Sandy would love!! I was also very disappointed in the last 35 seconds on the game. I actually cried out in agony when the last touch down was scored by the Giants!!! Miss you all!
Post a Comment