Thursday, February 14, 2008

Big News!

Since I have been out of the blogging groove, my little nephew popped into the world. Cincha called me the Friday before he came and said she was having some "cramps". I said sympathetically, "Ya." Then I thought about it.... "Wait, is this the FIRST time in your pregnancy that you feel cramps?" SO unfair. I smugly told her she could expect to feel that way for the next few weeks. Boy was I wrong! Here is the sweet stuff Davis James born 3 weeks early! Congratulations!!!

In other news, we have had 2 additions to our family as well.. Superkid and Abizella made these little friends last week and they have finally sprouted hair! Abizella's grasshead has taken a few knocks and is currently without eyes.


And speaking of sprouting... Tadpole has sprouted 2 more teeth!


And speaking of hair, Abizella's hair is now complying with the laws of gravity (at least most of the time).


And what about Superkid? He is now literate!!!! That's right, he has officially read his first book!!! Pops and I are busting with pride! These "Bob" books are amazing! They are fun and perfect for new readers!


And for those of you who are keeping track, I actually did not skip a "Why-Not-Wednesday" activity, I am just getting around to posting it now. Last week I cleaned out the medicine closet (ya, I know...not that exciting, that is why I haven't posted it before). It really was time. The last time Pops got sick I told him to go medicate himself. He pulled out 2 handfuls of expired medicine, which he tossed. The good news is that at least all of the medicine was from THIS century. The bad news is we're out of medicine.

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Wow! your hair is growing a ton. Sara's is only sprouting on the edges. She loves it though.

Andy said...

Looks to me like the hair "issues" at your house are in a "round robin" sort of rotation. For just as Abizella's begings to fall into a natural compliance with gravity, it appears as if Pops' has decided to take on the gravity defying antics.

KIM D said...

ha, ha--I'm laughing at Andie's comment :)

Meredith said...

I can't believe all of Tad's teeth! No wonder he's such a champ with the solids. I'm surprised he's now mowing down and ear of corn on the cob yet with those chompers. What a smile he's got, knock out!

Meredith said...

I can't wait for you to squeeze my thighs at play group...I hope you have ALL day! Oh you meant Emmy's. I'll bring my bathing suit this time too, no more jeans and sweater in the pool...can't wait to bob with Tad and his lady.