Two days ago he noticed a spider in the house and was very concerned about its presence in our home. He was trying to decide if this was a good thing or not and what we should do about it when he said, "Mama, The Man of the House doesn't kill spiders. Spiders are his pets." He looked thoughtful as to the best way to care for a spider. He said, "Do you think the spider looks hungry Mama? Maybe you should open a window and let a fly in." To truly make the little pet spider feel at home, Superkid even gave the spider a name, his name. The spider eventually found a place to hide. Ever since then The Man of the House has been trying to lure him out with new "homes" for him (which is really funny if you know Superkid and his reserved approach to bugs). This is one he made out of a tape that he unraveled.
The picture does it no justice, our house looks like a scene out of The Parent Trap.
The spider later re-appeared to get in on the fun. Superkid asked if I would grab the spider and put it in his hand so he could take care of it. We just stared at each other for a long time trying to decide who would call who's bluff. Superkid won (he comes by his distaste of bugs honestly).
Today Pops actually found the spider's real web (which I am not sure how we didn't notice up to this point, as it is the size of our dining room). Superkid was really excited that our pet had such a lovely home. The only thing that could make it better would be this beautiful portrait of the spider and and his new home that Superkid insisted should be "nailed up" next to the web.
We're just glad that "The Man of the House" takes such good care of us, even our newest 8 legged member!
6 comments:
What a superkid, who cares for his eight legged friends!
I bet you had Superkid put on his spiderman jammies for the string web shot. I know you better then you think Mistletoe always ready for the shot!
It's Superkid that you really need to know in this situation. He lives in his Spiderman jamies. He even tries to cram them on underneath his regular clothes, but it is a bit uncomfortable because of the webs.
...but you are right, I have been known to stage a few shots.
Ahhh... SuperKid's concern for the spider is quite priceless. You'll have to let us know if he ever finds any pet mice or roaches (not that they would ever be in your house, my dear). Great web-making skills, though!
Ugh, I hate spiders! Superkid is one brave boy. I still do the whole screaming/ jumping up and down thing. He's so sophisticated and humane about it all.
Eek. What good parents you are for leaving the innocent little spider alone. This story is hilarious. D-Bob and I had a good laugh. I'm glad to hear that you ladies are all safe and sound while Brad's away.
Post a Comment