Sunday, December 16, 2007

Phew! That Noreaster Came Just in Time!

We are pretty happy about the inclement weather around here. As Pop's put it to Superkid this morning, "Your wish came true Superkid, church is cancelled!" As much as we all love going to church, we could really use a day to stay at home and do nothing in particular at all, except catch up on the blog. You may have noticed that it has not been updated in a long, long time. I am going to skip the excuses of being too busy teaching pre-school, mailing Christmas cards, training for a marathon (gotta throw that in whenever I can), and packaging and mailing Christmas presents to all you people (I am not going to lump dishes, laundry and food preparation here, as I have been known to blog instead of attend to those duties). I am just a little nervous about my place in your hearts as one of your favorite blogs to check out. I remember when I slipped from being the anointed "Favorite Child" to one of the lesser children in my family. After living back East for a few years, on a visit home at dinnertime I went to take my (THE Favorite Child) place at the dinner table when Nersey said, "Not so fast! You have been de-throned, that's what you get for moving so far away!" Then she took my place at the table. The hard lesson I learned for being absent so long. Hopefully it hasn't been so long that my faithful readers are not here anymore. In an effort to earn back your affection, I will post an entry every day this week. I will probably type them all today, but release a new entry each day... so check us out!

7 comments:

The Donahue's said...

I'm glad you are back, I missed reading your blog entries. Hey, what marathon are you training for?

Bam Pah said...

Mistletoe: You are the "kiss" How could you ever be de-thoned.

Jeni said...

I've been checking almost everyday to see if there was anything new. You haven't lost this faithful reader.

Steve said...

Church was cancelled in Indy as well. They couldn't have chosen a better time either, what with a Con Law final tomorrow and all.

Missletoe said...

Ya, looks like you are studying REALLY hard Steve! Good luck!!!

Andy said...

You know I really hate tuning in to find a new entry (FINALLY) and then be the FIFTH to comment.

At any rate... I'd like a Noreaster once a month. Like fast Sunday. We need a "day off" Sunday monthly. Is there anything better? I can say that as I don't shovel the walks.

SandyKay said...

I wish I could be there for the snow! Really, I do. Though once the storm ends and everyone goes back to the drudgery, then I think I'd head back to my 70 degree Texas...

I'm glad you're back!