Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Little Mother

Say what you want, but girls are just different than boys. My little Abizella has a nurturing side that can't be denied. Ever since Tadpole joined our little lily pad I have been finding little toys tucked in next to him. Sometimes he is more receptive...



than others...


It is actually pretty sweet. Sometimes I'll go in to check on Tadpole during his nap and he will have some little toy tucked in next to him. It took me a long time to figure out if it was Abizella or Superkid, but I caught her in the act. I was surprised it was her because she managed to do it without waking him up, which just doesn't hold true to her normally rambunctious nature.


She also likes to bring books over to Tadpole and read to him. I like to stand around the corner and eavesdrop.



But she does not leave her mothering exclusively for Tadpole. She is also very sweet with her babies and Elmo. She is good to make sure that they are well fed, burped, napped and bathed...


She even likes to take care of me. Just tonight she crawled up next to me on the couch, got into my face and said in a diminutive tone, "You have something on your face." She licked her thumb and wiped my face and continued, "I got it! Does that feel better?"

4 comments:

Mindurs said...

How cute is that to clean your face for you. I need a little mother to help me out around the house.

Abizella is by far my favorite niece on the Davi' side! He!He!He!

Glama said...

You have gotta love that little Abizella, she's got so much spunk and a wonderful tender loving side.

Jeni said...

You have had the best posts this week....I think we need to be snowed in from church more often!

SandyKay said...

I'm melting. I miss our little Abi!!!