We've got the bikes and we've got the time.
Last year I got this amazing bike bag for my birthday. It was intended to be my bike-commute bag, and I did get some use out of it last summer.
Who knew that we would get so much mileage out of it as our bike picnic bag?!
Also, I should say a word or two about this shiny red bike of mine, my old friend. This bike is a major reward! When I was working at Myriad when we were first married the team I was working on used nitrocellulous filters. But we used them for an atypical purpose. So we used about 2 boxes a day. Most labs would struggle to use a box a month. In every box came a little wooden token that could be spent on prizes that the vendor offered for buying their products. One of the team members started saving the tokens so we could collect the prizes. I always joked that I would take my portion and collect the grand prize- the mountain bike! It was a joke because even with our brisk use, the plan was to divide the tokens amongst us so they wouldn't accumulate super quickly. Well, time passed and all of the other team members moved away to other jobs and each time they insisted on leaving the tokens. I was the last man standing. One day I turned over the jar and counted up my gains and realized I easily had the tokens necessary for a brand new bike! The bike came in the mail unassembled. I built it myself- and actually installed the brakes backwards. I love this bike! I used to commute to work on it when we lived in SLC. Pops and I tied this bike and the blue bike that I got for my 15th birthday to the roof of our little white car and hauled it behind our moving van when we moved to Boston. We barely made it through Emigration canyon before we realized the bike rack was slipping off the car and the bikes got hucked in the back of the moving van for the rest of the journey. Bikes are important- they don't get left behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment