Sunday, May 3, 2020

Some of My Favorite Things...

The bulbs I plant each Autumn are the gift I give myself each Spring.
Each year I wonder if it is really necessary to plant bulbs as they are technically perennial. So last Autumn I did an experiment. I planted just daffodils. I have planted exclusively tulips until now. The result- I had 10 tulips come back this year. I have planted probably around 600 (100/year) since we moved here. I guess the ground critters snack on them. 
So, yes it is necessary to plant bulbs each year!


In other news, Jaws and I went for a bike ride in the woods and look who we found!

All the best bike rides have a good snack and a great view.








And we saw a Great Egret (if you look really close you can see him too in the yellow reeds.
And we visited our old fort.

No comments: