Turkey time! ...not quite yet.
Still time for a long drawn out game or Monopoly. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have a cousins Monopoly game. Just like the old days when I would spend as many hours of my Christmas vacations playing board games with my cousins Heather and Brooke as I possibly could. Good times.
Pops finally shooed us away to get dinner on the table. He cooked the turkey in our brand new roaster oven (have I mentioned our tiny oven?) and it cooked likety-split, 2.5 hours! Looks like Thanksgiving lunch instead of dinner this year!
It is actually these ladies who get the table setting credit. Abizella picked out the table runner, napkin rings and flourishes. Izzypop assisted in the setting.
Pops was tasked with polishing.
Our glorious bird!
The Thanksgiving Dream Team in action!
Here it comes!
Wait for it...
Show Time!
Look at this gorgeous crowd!
Look at this gorgeous plate!
And then the moment we have all been waiting for!
The blind pumpkin pie taste test!
Superkid went into this pretty confident. Uncle Brian had some past fails, that he had learned from, he was confident too that this was his year.
Mmmmm. Pie.
In the end it was actually a draw. Superkid's entry has nice flavor, but Uncle Brian's had an undeniable creamy texture. Let's just say no pie went to waste.
But we did. After all that cooking and eating we were wasted.
Good for nothing but napping and iPad-ing.
Like I said, how can we top this?
One possible answer is by taking the kids swimming back at the hotel. Too bad Pops and I are party farts. Abz, Izzypop and Skeeter had to have fun without us! But we did enjoy chatting on the phone with those we love and missed this Thanksgiving day!




No comments:
Post a Comment