Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Date with the Little Toads

The big Toads were tied up with swim team practice, so the little Toads and I took the opportunity to go on a little Christmas date. All good dates start at Dunkin Donuts! Score 1 point Mom!
Next I took them to the Enchanted Village at Jordan's furniture store. My brilliant plan was to get there right when it opened so we could be first in line... we were bummed to see the long line of cars in the parking lot and even more bummed to see the enormous line (40 min!). Mom looses 1 point.

After about the first 30 seconds in the village Tadpole realizes it is just a giant doll house. I realize I might have taken the wrong kids. I'm loosing points fast.
At least there was a candy shop!
And a pet store!
Little chief was at least amused!
I may have lingered a little too long at the story time...

Tadpole was loosing his patience...
Then the snow started to fall! Hooray for snow! Snow is worth another point!

More giant dolls...
Not fun for boys...

Giant dolls caroling? At this point, I'm pretty sure Tadpole is the Grinch.
But the whole outing is saved by a giant maze through the furniture store's showroom and a rest on a "show" couch while we watched cartoons. Now that is something we could all enjoy.
Let's just call it a scratch.

No comments: