Thursday, December 15, 2011

Take-Your-Grown-Up-to-Preschool Day

Pops called at worked and told me about Gingerbread House making day at preschool; my heart sunk when I found out it was on a Thursday, the craziest work day of the week. After some scrambling and arranging an O' dark thirty arrival at work, I was able to arrange things to be Tadpole's grown-up. After all, how could I disappoint the kid who, before wiping the sleepies from his eyes, says, "Is Mom still here?!" If I'm not home I am guaranteed a phone call.
It was also the first time I got to go in his class room and chat with his teacher. She is WONDERFUL. Just a well seasoned professional with confidence and kindness. Tadpole is a lucky little pupil. When Mrs. Curtis saw me, she scrambled over and just oooozed about him. She said after teaching for more than 25 years, Tad was easily the funniest kid she has ever taught. She said that one afternoon there were TONS of announcements over the intercom. They finally were able to start class when the principal came back over the intercom. Mrs. Curtis is an expressive woman and threw her face into her hands and said, "If there is one more announcement I AM GOING TO GO CRAZY!" She said her nutso display went right over the pre-schooler's heads. Two minutes later Tad came up to her, cupped his hands around his mouth, and in a serious, authoritative tone said, "Mrs. Curtis! I have another announcement for you!" He then uncupped his mouth, giggled and said, "Are you going to go crazy now?!"
Love this kid. I'm SUPER happy to be his grown-up today and everyday.

2 comments:

Cherisa said...

What a kid! I'm glad you were able to make it to his special day!

Jeni said...

So funny. 12 more days!!!!!!!!!