Is Your Wife HOT?!!!
And your kids too?!!!
Then FIX the AC! ... and when THAT costs more than the van is worth, and the weather is 97° with dripping humidity then BUY A NEW VAN! This is what the sweaty crew looked like after 2.5 hrs. in the van with no AC when we stumbled into the car dealership. They took one look at us and knew we would buy WHATEVER for HOWEVER much, so long as it had AC.
Abz, did try to step it up a notch and arrive in high heeled boot style. She loves a good entrance.
Seriously, I love this van. We went and picked it out while I was in labor with Abizella 6 years ago. The salesman asked when the baby was due and I said I was having contractions right then. That expedited the process. The first ride I took in it (besides the test drive) was when Pops and Superkid picked Abz and I up from the hospital. I felt like a queen, riding along with my new baby in my sweet new ride. Nothing makes me happier than cramming the little purple van full of friends and car seats and taking off on an adventure. Oh how I want to do it again. She has been a trusty friend. I want to give her a squeeze.
I had to say good-bye to my badge of honor too. Seemed a little pathetic to scrape it off and tape it on the new van. Pops suggested finding a new 2008 Boston Marathon sticker... but that seems even more pathetic.
I have a feeling we are going to LOVE our new family friend as well. We owe a BIG thanks to Dana. I stopped by Pop's old office to pick up some mail and chatted with Dana, who is the Boston area's foremost expert on where to buy a used Honda Odyssey, always has his eye on the market. He asked what I was looking for in a van. I said, "Air conditioning... and it has to start every time." He flexed his Odyssey knowledge, listing the features of each model. I said, "Why don't you just tell me what van to buy." He said, "Okay." He walked to his computer and in about 3 clicks showed me 2 vans and said, "Buy this one or that one." So we did. We got a great deal on a great low mileage van. Awesome.
Now it is time to take her out and PLAY!
Abz, did try to step it up a notch and arrive in high heeled boot style. She loves a good entrance.
Seriously, I love this van. We went and picked it out while I was in labor with Abizella 6 years ago. The salesman asked when the baby was due and I said I was having contractions right then. That expedited the process. The first ride I took in it (besides the test drive) was when Pops and Superkid picked Abz and I up from the hospital. I felt like a queen, riding along with my new baby in my sweet new ride. Nothing makes me happier than cramming the little purple van full of friends and car seats and taking off on an adventure. Oh how I want to do it again. She has been a trusty friend. I want to give her a squeeze.
4 comments:
Congrats on the new ride.
I feel your paint when it comes to riding in a HOT car minus a/c. I feel your pain....I almost had to sell my Honda too but ended up hemoragging money to fix the a/c so my ride is COOL again.
Hubs has the kids trained to holler "Haaaat Momma!" from car windows. You should have worked this angle before the new cooling system.
This is exactly the story that led us to our Honda van. What year did you go with? I did my fair share of research and went with a 2006 which was three years old at the time. Even after driving it all the way from Boston it is still worth more than we owe. Way to be Honda Vans!
Oh, I LOVE that purple van, too. It has been a faithful friend to your family (and friends of your family). Some of my happiest memories of Massachusetts take place in that vehicle. But I'm so excited for your new shiny-tastic wheels. Congratulations! Just think of all the adventures yet to come! And that AC will come in handy once you take that road trip to Texas...
Post a Comment