Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"THE" 4th of July Party I've Been DYING to go to

When I was a weeee little Phrogbottom my family always gathered at Aunt Jack and Uncle Zella's (Yes, we always said their names backwards) pool for a 4th of July party. My Cousin Julie in recent years has been holding a pool party at her house that I have been DYING to go to. Shouldn't the 4th be spent splashing around with a mess of cousins? That is just what we did this year.

Here is a pic of my cute cousin Julie with her son Robert and my Aunt Zella (strangely enough, not the Aunt Zella that had the 4th of July party...oh ya did I mention my Grandma is named Zella too?). We had never been to Julie's house before. After walking through the front door, through the house, past the pool and onto the trampoline Superkid turned to Pops and said, "First a mansion, then a pool, now a trampoline! What! Does a king and queen live here?!" It is funny because my cousin Julie and her husband are the humblest people ever.


Here I am in little boy heaven. Tadpole is closest to me followed by Davis James, Nicholas, Hayden James, and Asher. I hadn't seen Nick and Davis in 3 years and getting acquainted with these little dudes made this the BEST ever 4th of July.
Convincing them to soak their uncles with their turbo kicks, only to have them dowsed by said uncles over and over was the funniest thing ever.

1 comment:

Andy said...

What? Best ever 4th? Get back here.