Sunday, March 14, 2010

Don't Tell Me Why, Just Let Me Eat My Pie

... That is chocolate banana cream pie! To celebrate Pi day of course!


The kids barely humored me as I lectured them about the mysteries of pi. I need to work on my presentation, because somehow the magic of a circle having a circumference 3X (and a little bit more) the diameter didn't dazzle the kiddos.


But they really did enjoy all of the circles out there in the world. Here is a list of some of our observations:

Our favorite category FOOD: pancakes (our favorite circle breakfast), cookies, cake, pie, pizza, donuts, cheerios, english muffins... with a list this good, not sure how we ended up with this ridiculous meatloaf with a pi symbol for dinner...


On the way to church... traffic lights, wheels, signs

Then Superkid flexed his brain muscles and noted that some things are circles if you cut them (that's my little mathlete) so here is our list of things that have circle cross-sections... trees, sausage, carrots, and my stomach (thanks for noticing Superkid!)


And I have that round stomach to thank for the contortionist act I got to perform for the kids as I tried to fasten the straps on THESE shoes (that made circles around my ankles). But I did it! One was WAY too tight and the other ridiculously loose, but I did it! Pops was already at church, so unless I teach the kids how to buckle my shoes this will be their last outing until after the baby.


Being the accomplished artist that Abz is, she spent the day drawing pictures of pies for us, even my favorite, BLUEBERRY PIE! Mmmmmm! While Abz isn't such a blueberry fan herself, she observed that blueberries ARE circles and she said they taste better in a pie (doesn't everything?).


And what is my favorite perfect circle? Tadpole's little ROUND face!

ENJOY YOUR PI!


8 comments:

Jeni said...

I loved your Pi day celebrations!

Derek said...

Mmmm.. You can lecture us any time about the wonders of pi. Or pie. And you look fabulous, by the way!

Scullerina said...

Love Pi Day parties and your sexy shoes. Very nice!

Cherisa said...

Leave it to the Toads to celebrate Pi Day! I'm waiting anxiously to see what those crazy leprechauns have up their sleeves for the Toads this year... :)

Wonderful job on the shoes! Just getting them on is a feat worth noting!

Glama said...

You are so clever. I am not sure I ever understood pi. Perhaps if someone explained it with Pie I would have understood. Getting to my brain with food always seems to work.

nersey said...

I think you posted the shoe picture to show off those SEXY ankles! I am with Mom pi would make alot more sense with pie.

Meredith said...

Can you PU-LEASE start looking remotely 7 months pregnant?! Stuff a couch pillow in there or something? You can have your skinny ankles but a little more bulk in the midsection would go a long way for my piece of mind. You look great!

Andy said...

Love the shoes. And the dress!