Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Doctors Aren't All Bad... Well, at Least the Donuts are Good

After being startled at the touch of a stethoscope on my thigh, I turned to find Doctor Tadpole who assured me, “Don’t worry Mom. I’m a doctor. I’ll be gentle.” He continued to poke me, all the time reassuring me that everything will be fine. So maybe Tadpole will be okay about doctors after all. Or maybe he likes being the one in the power position (much better to be the "poke-er" than the "poke-ee"). Either way, I am not worried. As long as there is a Dunkin' Donuts in the lobby of the doctor's office we are "all set" with the doctor.

These kids think it is all worth it. Previously I have tried to keep the post-Dunkin Donuts visit a secret from the doctor and her staff (with threats of NO DONUT if you spill the beans about the bribery). However, this pic was taken after I lined the kids up for their 4th round of vaccinations for the season. When we got downstairs, we noted every single kid in from the vaccination clinic downstairs snarfing down a donut.

*Note to self, open donut shop next to thriving pediatrician's office, and cross my fingers for a monster flu season.*

Yummmmmm... Doctor's office!

1 comment:

SandyKay said...

Mmmm..donuts. Yay to the Toads! There is not a donut delicious and enormous enough to sweeten the task of vaccinating a certain child of mine.