Sunday, February 22, 2009

Okay, So Maybe There Are A Few Good Things About Winter...

I was just looking through the files and realized that we actually did have some fun while there was lots of snow out. I can appreciate those times better now that the snow is (mostly) gone and there is a hope of Spring in the (distant) future (do you like how I temper my optimism?).

Kudos to the snuggy, cozy house that has kept us so comfortable all winter (on 1 tank of oil for the ENTIRE winter, eat your heart out!)

Double Kudos to the man who clears our long driveway every time a speck of snow lands on it (do you like how I bravely took a picture of his back?). We LOVE our neighbor. We would much rather strain our backs making a batch of "thank-you" cookies than hefting wet New England snow.
And sometimes it is just nice to take a different perspective on life, whether the weather makes you feel tall....
Or small...

Or as it all goes speeding past you...
And the cold does bring out our cuteness when accessorized in winter apparel...
But not even the cold or cute winter accoutrement can disguise our mischief...
Or general sassiness...

4 comments:

Tamsen said...

What a great shot of David with his rosy cheeks!

Julie said...

You have a neighbor who shovels your walks?!?!?!

Rosy cheeked kids and a snowplow service, I would think winter would be your favorite season!

That being said, I almost cried this morning when I looked out my window and saw a light dusting of snow on my previously uncovered lawn. I guess I'm ready for spring myself.

Cherisa said...

You can't fool me! I know the Toads are dreaming about summer trips to the beach! : )

Glama said...

Spring? You talk about Spring...we hear you are being bombarded with ton's of snow today. Bake some cookies, or sweet rolls and take the day off. Love ya...