Monday, November 24, 2008

Plymouth Pilgrimage

What better way to kick off Thanksgiving than go visit the place where it all began? Fortunately for us it was an unusually warm day so we did not have to suffer like a Pilgrim! 

First, to the Mayflower where those brave Pilgrims piled into a tiny little boat and set out on the treacherous sea... 

This is the little bed that our whole family would have crammed on if we were lucky enough to have money for wood (otherwise we would have slept on the floor with the ravel)...
Not a bad place to be for a couple of hours, I am quite certain that even with my love for adventure I would not enjoy this boat for months at a time (mostly because of the food)...
Next we visited a traditional Wompanoag village. Here is Little Tad checking out the wetu we would have lived in if we were native people...

But we descend from the nasty Europeans who came in and blasted our way into vast land holdings...
Superkid is enjoying his time as a "Fetcher" (for those of you who don't know, Ruff Ruffman (Superkid's favorite show) filmed an episode here)...


Here is Tad relaxing in front of our 17th century house...

And here is Abz passed out from a fun but long day at Plimoth Plantation...
In an effort to rejuvenate our little pilgrims and begin the serious work of stretching out our stomachs for Thanksgiving, we gorged ourselves at Mickey-D's. 

Here is Abizella after she gave me her patented "twacolate kiss". 

Napkin Please!

7 comments:

Kirbell said...

So festive! I love the "twacolate kiss." Very cute.

Cherisa said...

You've got to love living in an area with such amazing culture, huh? Even if we do descend from land theives...

Looks like you had a blast!

The Donahue's said...

looks like you guys had a blast!! did you go saturday? I heard there was a parade, food tasting, and lots of other fun things last Saturday. We were going to go, until of course our invite for Twilight came. =)

Scullerina said...

How fun --- Now i really wish I was spending my turkey day with your crew. I look the same way when I eat yumnmy turkey day festivities.......so she could sit by me :)

Mindurs said...

Oh my tadpool isn't a baby anymore he is a little boy. When did that happen?

Melissa Oman said...

I love the pilgrim plantation! That is so great you guys went. We can't wait until we can come back and visit!

SandyKay said...

Okay, Tadpole is so stinking cute. I love his haircut. Isn't Plimoth PLantation great? What are those puffy fabric things surrounding your children's upper bodies and hands? They look familiar, but I can't quite remember....