No need to spend a lot of money on toys for this kid. Superkid has the most amazing imagination! He can make an airplane or rocket out of ANYTHING! I've seen him transform ordinary household objects i.e. scraps of paper, pens, remote controls, hangers, forks, the baby mobile, or anything he lays his hands on into an airplane. His favorite place to go looting for airplane material is my utensil drawer. But he doesn't always have to necessarily be searching for an airplane for one to suddenly appear for him. Mid-dinner prayer we'll hear his cup blast off.
He loves to build airplanes too. I am pretty sure he must have gotten his imagination from Pops because the 2 of them build the most amazing airplanes and rockets out to Legos. Superkid, after a long day of disappointment in his mother's rocket making abilities, runs to the door when Daddy gets home, busts out the Legos, and away they go building airplanes. I have about one or two standard models, but I seldom see the same ship out of them twice. He and Pops spend a lot of time on the Internet watching shuttle take-offs and military airplane maneuvers. So maybe that is where they get some of their ideas.
Probably the best part of Superkid's plethora of aircrafts is watching him play with them. I am not sure if he would rather be a pilot or a cameraman. He likes to put the airplane in front of one eye and kind of squint the other to put things in the proper perspective. He is not bad at sound effects either. I, on the other hand, have been corrected many times for my lousy attempts at aircraft noises. I wish I could get inside this kid’s head for a ride on one of his magnificent trips!
2 comments:
Those pictures are the best! They capture the essence of childhood creativity and imagination. (I won't tell him that he's getting a box of packing peanuts for Christmas!)
Don't you just love these moments. Right now everything is a telephone in these parts, but I have failed in the picture taking department. Soon there shall be a similar post on my blog...thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment