I'm a believer in getting the Toads to pitch in and carry their own weight.
First on the list is getting them to shuttle their own diapers to the trash. Superkid, Abizella, and Tadpole all got on board with this (at least initially until the fun wore off) but Lil' Chief thinks he is the boss of me and simply refuses.
I have walked him over and shown him where to put it. I have put it in his hands and walked him over to put it in the trash. The closest I got was him picking it up (I could see the wheels turning-"I'm going to take this to the trash") taking a few determined steps in the direction of the garbage can, looking at me, smiling and setting the diaper down, and shaking his head "no" (the wheels turning once again- "No way, I'm walking straight into the trap"). I was just about to take his little hands, help him pick it up and escort him to the trash when Tadpole swooped in, snatched the diaper, shot Lil' Chief the, "You can't catch me" smile and dashed to the trash. This scenario has happened twice so the second time I was ready with my camera for the, "Hey! You totally swiped my diaper and spoiled my game!" expression on Lil' Chief''s face.

First on the list is getting them to shuttle their own diapers to the trash. Superkid, Abizella, and Tadpole all got on board with this (at least initially until the fun wore off) but Lil' Chief thinks he is the boss of me and simply refuses.
I have walked him over and shown him where to put it. I have put it in his hands and walked him over to put it in the trash. The closest I got was him picking it up (I could see the wheels turning-"I'm going to take this to the trash") taking a few determined steps in the direction of the garbage can, looking at me, smiling and setting the diaper down, and shaking his head "no" (the wheels turning once again- "No way, I'm walking straight into the trap"). I was just about to take his little hands, help him pick it up and escort him to the trash when Tadpole swooped in, snatched the diaper, shot Lil' Chief the, "You can't catch me" smile and dashed to the trash. This scenario has happened twice so the second time I was ready with my camera for the, "Hey! You totally swiped my diaper and spoiled my game!" expression on Lil' Chief''s face.

I was hopeful that after the much applause and accolades Tadpole received for successfully disposing of the diaper, Lil' Chief would be on board with being the, "Diaper Shuttle".
Still no dice.
Still no dice.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I have had fun catching up on your blog. I think it is funny how kids come with their own agendas. I thought by my third kid I should be a professional mom, but she seems to have some of her own ideas like Lil' Chief of how things should work.
Post a Comment