Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Newest Family Member...

Tadpole doing his gruff little Sheriff impersonation

Sheriff moved into the house Christmas Day. He is seldom seen outside of the grip of Tadpole’s little meaty hand. In fact he is a great advocate for little Tadpole. Just last week when Abizella was pestering Tadpole, Sheriff stepped in on Tadpole’s behalf and shouted, “Hey Abz, stop poking Tadpole! You’re in a heap of trouble! Do you understand?!” Sheriff is also a great advocate when he feels that Tadpole is not getting everything he is entitled. After I denied Tadpole a little snack of pickles moments before dinner was about to be served, Sheriff cornered me. He stared me down before getting down to business, “Hey Mom, Tadpole wants a pickle. Give him a pickle please.” I am not one to mess with Sheriff, he is one intimidating guy. The last thing I need is to be cited a pickle violation!


Sheriff isn’t shy either. We go to Superkid and Abizella’s sports class every Friday afternoon. There is a group of 2 and 3 year old boys who are there as spectators as well. All are Cars enthusiasts, but Sheriff always gets things going. After lining up the other cars Sheriff shouts, “START YOUR ENGINES!” All of the other cars rev into action and go racing around the stage.


Sometimes Sheriff throws me a bone too. If Tadpole is resisting a diaper change, Sheriff will call out, “Woof! Tadpole, you better go lay down, it is time for an oil change!” Or if Tadpole would rather not take a bath, Sheriff will usually side with me and say, “Tadpole, let’s take a bath. My wheels are filthy! Will you wash my wheels please?”


He does have his charm. Nothing warms my heart like hearing little Sheriff belt out a hymn at church in his gruff little voice. And even though he can be a tough guy, he loves to have Mom tuck him in and give him a kiss goodnight. I’m glad Tadpole has a little buddy to look out for him. It can be tough being the small guy around here.


8 comments:

nersey said...

I honestly don't think Tad could be any cuter.Sheriff sounds like a class act lawman. It is hard to find a friend who will advocate on the side of a diaper change! Tad is a lucky guy to have such a great friend!

Mindurs said...

Oh my what a cutie! I love your little guys.

Kirbell said...

I love your little kids' imaginations!

Rachel said...

so cute!

Gretchen said...

You can not be pregnant and use that for a title! I was totally scared for a half second while the page loaded. D is precious, every mental image I have of him includes a car in hand. The boy has a passion.

Gretchen said...

You can not be pregnant and use that for a title! I was totally scared for a half second while the page loaded. D is precious, every mental image I have of him includes a car in hand. The boy has a passion.

Julie said...

Love your blog lately! Those stories are so great. Isn't it crazy how different each kid is? They are all adorable. I'm so glad you've got another one on the way!

Melissa Oman said...

So cute. I love how you capture the things your kids say. (Your kids say the coolest things!)