Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We Try To Have A Little Fun Around Here...

I got a little nervous about the Kindergarten schedule taking over my life for the next two years so we spent the last week of summer vacation trying to cram it ALL in.

Starting with a little nature hike in a nearby preserve...
And all great hikes have great snacks. A little trick I learned from my Uncle D who always packed the BEST snacks and broke them out only at the TOP.

We didn't make it to the TOP of anything, but we did stumble on this fabulous lily pad pond. Somehow I think the kids appreciated the splash of a fist full of rocks over the grandeur of a vista.
We, of course, had to make a pit stop at the beach to refill our dump trucks (and our swim trunks).
Then we hit the rails and headed into BEAN TOWN!
We took in a little splish splash at the fancy new Rose Kennedy Greenway. Just when you thought it wasn't safe to run around between lanes of traffic in downtown Boston.

And we fulfilled a life long dream for Abizella. We made her a FIRE FIGHTER for a day. Ever since she could talk she has insisted on being a firefighter when she grows up. This would greatly please her Great Grandpa who actually was a fire fighter. Nonetheless, Pops has worked ardently to change Abizella's career path to match his own. Not so much because he loves what he does (which he is crazy about) but because he dreams of spending the day with her when she grows up. He finally had convinced her that she would grow up, take the train in with Daddy and be a lawyer... until...
...she actually got to BE a fire fighter. Well, at least dress like one.

It wasn't wasted on the other Toads either. I still can't believe that we pried Tadpole's hands from the steering wheel without a tantrum.
And since we were getting it done, we stopped by Pop's office to help him get something done around there.
We also stopped by Canobie Lake Park to hone the children's driving abilities. I am amazed how many rides involve steering wheels. Let's just say it was our kind of heaven.


...even if sometimes we had to wait.
Superkid's amusement park tastes have matured. He LOVED the log flume (Abz DID NOT!) and he even took a spin on the old rickety BIG KID roller coaster. The thrill of his life!



3 comments:

Melonius said...

that is a lot of stuff.

Glama said...

Wow, I am exhausted!

Melissa Oman said...

So cool. I can't wait until we can come and visit Boston again!