In my youth, I was a braid enthusiast. I remember being kind of a braid snob. I taught my self how to do a few different kinds of braids and I was always looking for subjects to practice on. Funny how a girl can have 3 (yes 3!) younger sisters and still always be for want for a willing head to braid. I don't know what their problem was, who wouldn't want to sport one of my fancy styles (even if it did take me some time to figure it out). The consequence is that I became really good at braiding my own hair, and not so good at working on others. Remember these were the days of big bangs and bigger bows. Here is where an archival pic would be good.
Flash forward 25 years and enter my unsuspecting daughter. When we were last at the beauty salon together, Abz's hair stylist offered to put a braid in her hair and Abz didn't even know what the lady was talking about. Then it hit me that I had my own little subject right before me. The following Sunday I set at the task of putting two tiny french braids in my fidgety (yet surprisingly cooperative) daughter's slippery hair. I didn't dare take them out for a second shot (a lesson I learned from my sister's misery), so while they weren't perfect they sure were stinking cute.
I think my sassy little subject knew she was cute stuff because she was working it for the camera!
1 comment:
She is, indeed, quite adorable! Lovin' the hair. If mine was long enough I'd let you do mine!
Post a Comment