Friday, December 5, 2008

"I Didn't Recognize You With Your Clothes On!"

That, my friends, is the quote of the week...heck, quote of the century for this church lady.

Hanging out with people that I normally see quite a bit of their skin was a real eye-opener for me. The occasion was my swim coach's baby shower. I made my grand appearance about 2 and half hours into the party. After yucking it up over one of my buddy's warm welcome line I made my way to the refreshment table (famished after the usual marathon day of church). I was dumbfounded to see that there wasn't even a small dent in the MOUNTAINS of catered food at the conclusion of this party. That is when it hit me; GOOD athletes (of which I am not a part) do not eat. I finally realized what I have been doing wrong...EATING! If that is the sacrifice, I am TOTALLY fine with mediocrity.

Even though I will never be an extraordinary athlete, I was happy to be included in the mix of hard-core hard-bodies.

3 comments:

Cherisa said...

Oddly enough, I just heard another church bussy quote the same line! She is also a regular swimmer and ran into a pool friend at a concert just recently and received that same greeting! Must be a wet-person thing!

And I agree... Eating is just one of those sacrifices you have to make sometimes. I mean, really! Do we absolutely have to eat?!? [Well, actually we do which is what makes a food addiction hard to break. "Cold turkey" just isn't an option! Sorry!]

The Donahue's said...

Too funny! I was really curious to see where you were going with that headline.

rosann said...

Amen sister!! Can't make the sacrifice of not eating!!