We had the sleep over of a life time over Thanksgiving Holiday. Even though Andie and HH cooked up a "Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat", it was the pillow time, not the dinner time, that our family keeps talking about!
And in other Joyful news, IT SNOWED TODAY!!! Wahoo! As Superkid said, "It was Jesus' sign that Christmas will be here soon."
And what good is snow if you don't throw it around a little bit? Here is Superkid slamming me in the face...
...and his FAST retreat
And look who was the recipient from Abizella's recoil (see previous pic)...
When we woke up to the snow this morning, Superkid ran around to every window in the house with me (we had to make sure that the snow was everywhere, I was not convinced) while I opened the blinds. When we opened the blind looking into the neighbor's driveway, Superkid noted that their windshield was covered in snow and they would not be able to go to church. I told him they could just wipe it off. He said they did not go to church. I told him they did, but to a different church, they don't know about our church. Superkid suggested we send the missionaries over there. I told him the next time he played with Ice he could be a missionary and tell him what he liked about our church. So I asked him, "Superkid, what do you like best about our church?" He said, "When it is time to leave."
...I have to admit that leaving church was on every one's happy list today. While it is great to be there it is EXHAUSTING! So as Lisa Simpson says, "Ahh, the best time of the week, the most possible time before more church!"
Also on our happy list are two fun excursions we went on this week. We joined play group at a wildlife hospital. The tour guide was lot of fun and Superkid was right by his side the whole time. I was shocked to see that MY kids touched a tortoise, boa constrictor, and lots of other creepy lizards. And although no one dove their hands into the worm farm, I was very proud of them. As I was cringing in the background after being brave and petting something nasty, one of my friends turned to me and said, "Aren't you a Biologist?" I was more into plants. The other excursion was to our local Natural Science center. It too had lots of interesting animals. But my favorite part of the two days was Tad's reaction. He walked around "woofing" at all the animals. He actually makes the noise entirely through his nose. He is making the woof noise in the picture below... our neighbor dog Sumo came out to play.
And on Abizella's happy list and ONLY on her list is a cheese, honey, pepperoni sandwich. Her own creation. This after she told me my chicken pot pie was disgusting.
2 comments:
Sounds like my kids' hot dogs with honey. blech.
Fun in the snow, looks like you guys are having a blast! Tadpoles "woofing" face is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Maybe Abz will be a famous chef someday. You've got to start somewhere, right?
Post a Comment