Sunday, November 25, 2007

Brag Entry

I LOVE having folks from the West (which is almost ANYONE, if you know what I mean) come to visit. I LOVE New England and I LOVE to show it off to anyone who will give me the time. Trouble is, after being here for 6+years, it is probably time to freshen up the tour a little bit. You know this is true when your visitors are giving you driving directions (albeit with the aid of GPS)! But I never get tired of these hot spots, so hopefully my guests don't either!

The Missletoes pattented South Shoreline Lighthouse Drive...

A Hot Spot for rock hopping!

The most moving production this Nation's Park Service has ever produced (I realize the bar may not be too high here, but the Minute Man National Historical Park brings Pops to tears every time).

A chance to take over Boo's nature appreciation education while everyone is being patriotic. Once I got her to put the phone away she enjoyed such wonders as rocks, leaves, sitcks, lichen and even moss. She did not enjoy pine cones, could be the resemblence to the packages her golden retriever Addy leaves behind.

A stroll (or aerobic climb) up Author's Ridge at Sleepy Hollow Cemetary to see Emerson's, Thoreau's, the Alcott's, and Hawthorn's final resting place.

A not so restful escape from the Headless Horseman (AKA Uncle B) by Superkid

Wrestling 5 kiddos back into their car seats over and over and over again!

A brisk walk to cross the bridge where the, "Shot heard around the world" was fired.

And finally something the kids could REALLY enjoy. A morning at the Children's Museum to burn off energy for the LONG plane ride back west.

Spiderkid's favorite web

And a sad parting.

2 comments:

SandyKay said...

i think we need to move back (or at least visit), because i didn't see some of that stuff in our six years. why didn't you ever take ME to Sleepy Hollow Cemetary?

and i agree with pops on the Minuteman presentation. made me cry, too. and i felt more patriotic than i have since i was a teenager.

Bam Pah said...

Missletoe: Thanks for sending the pictures. It took me at least two trips to see all of those places. I want to visit you guys and do the Maine/Ocean trip.