Nothing like church to bring out a good chuckle. Tadpole must have been inspired by Craig McGill, because he laughs just like him, just not as loud (yet). MJ called it. She and Emerson were sitting with Tadpole and the babies were chatting. Tadpole must have felt a little awkward and silly talking to such a foxy baby so he started to giggle.
And the really fun part of a giggling Tadpole is that he is SUPER ticklish. It took a determined S.K. to get giggles out of Superkid and Abizella when they were novice gigglers (S.K.'s X-man power is getting babies to laugh, it is kind of like the horse whisper but instead of having a calming effect she can get a baby into hysterics). But Tadpole needs little encouragement. He giggles and squirms when I change his clothes (which is probably a good thing because I am not sure that S.K.'s powers extend half way across the country).
In other Tadpole news, this kid is a hulk (a hunky little hulk). He no longer can straighten his legs in most of his jammies so I pulled out his 6 to 9 monthers. I held up a pair and said to myself that these jammies would be ridiculously large. Turns out I was the ridiculous one, the jammies fit just right. I probably should have pulled them out a few weeks ago before poor Tadpole had to crouch in his own jammies.
One more development, Tadpole has discovered his hands in the last couple of days. He now rubs his eyes when he is tired, and gone are the days he can sit on my lap while I read books to the big kids. He really goes after the pages and drives his siblings nuts (probably the beginning of a beautiful siblinghood!).
4 comments:
Wow Tadpole and Coach are wearing the same size of clothes. Don't feel too bad Coach is nearly out of that size.
I LOVE babies! Every stage of development is fun to watch. Squeze some giggles out of tadpole for me.
Wow Tadpole and Coach are wearing the same size of clothes. Don't feel too bad Coach is nearly out of that size.
I LOVE babies! Every stage of development is fun to watch. Squeze some giggles out of tadpole for me.
I replay Emmmy and Tadpole's conversation in my head quite often. It was the cutest thing watching them communicate in their native tongue! He even taught her how to giggle!
Man, I wish I could hear little Tadpole's giggles. :( I'll bet that he and PJ could get each other going...
Post a Comment