Saturday, September 9, 2017

Bike Gang

I am getting closer and closer to my dream of having my own bike gang. Jaws is a bicycler- technically. He is still yet to actually pedal, but you should see this guy coast down the hill and down the street. He has amazing control. Pops once made the fatal mistake of yelling out to Jaws when he saw him inch his feet up onto the pedals. Jaws hasn't lifted his feet to his pedals since- it clearly has to be his idea. But his buddy across the street is pedaling, so it can't be long now!


There is a new pump track nearby at Wompatcuk, so we thought we better check it out. It was legit. This kids haven't spent much time off-road but they held up pretty good.
Abizella liked the bumps, but prefers the trails.
Tadpole was intrigued by the challenge. He just circled the track over and over and over again getting faster and better.



Little Chief took an early spill but he's no quitter! He got right back out there!

Superkid's buddy S. spent the night with us. He had a great time- but unfortunatley had to ride my old-timey bike. He was baffled that it didn't have any shocks. You should have seen his disbelief when I told him that shocks weren't invented when I got the bike!
Superkid is mainly a road-bike warrior, but he is not about to miss an opportunity to tear it up.
Jaws was over come with fever so he just crashed on my leg. Poor baby, it's like his mom can't remember that he is still sick when he is on ibuprofen.
We'll be back. The kids had a good time- but I feel like they need to watch RAD to really catch the vision. Once they do, I'm not going to be able to tear them off the pump track. My siblings and I spent many a happy hour riding the bumps of the make-shift pump track in Sugar House when we were kiddos. We were pretty rad ourselves. I remember pulling some pretty bodacious stunts like standing on my bike frame, popping wheelies and going no-handsies.

No comments: