I asked Tadpole what he wanted most for his birthday, he said he just wanted me to take the day off of work. Done.
He's no dummy either, that means I was here to make his favorite breakfast,
*Blueberry Buckle*
Next up- Birthday presents! Why wait?! This kid has been working hard on his list for months, his top present changing every single day.
Abz set him up with a cozy chair and a pile of gifts.
Superkid and Abizella helped wrap some gifts so when Tadpole opened a certain package Superkid said, "Brace for impact!" and ducked and covered.
Sure enough he got bombarded with a brace of joy!
This is my favorite pic. Superkid is chanting, "Heavy, heavy hang-over" and getting ready to thump his brother's head. Abizella has placed a plush toy over Tad's head to soften the blow and Jaws stepped in the frame for a photo-bomb.
This time Abz is the thumper and Superkid is the protector.
Next up on the agenda was our date.
Tadpole and I went to the Lego store to blow some birthday bucks.
And we stopped by our favorite pizzaria. This kid polished off two *humungous* slices. Honestly, it was more like 4 slices. He barely had room for his root beer. And if you know how much Tadpole loves his pop, you are impressed.
Then we came home to play. He picked up 3 Lego Chima racing pods at the Lego store so there was something for everyone to build and race.
Abizella and I made the cake!
We invited his best bud Matteo and his family over for dinner and cake.
Here's Tad contemplating his wish for the year.
The big moment!
And the magic show!
These two are a class act!
Tadpole, I am nuts about you!
Let me count the ways...1. You have the best way to say everything. You are so much fun to talk with.
2. You are entirely devoted to me. You always tell me how much you love me, how you would never trade me for all the money in the world. You tell me that I am the most beautiful girl in the world. I remember grocery shopping with you and people overhearing you praise my beauty and declare your love. The shoppers stopped and told me how lucky I was to have you.
3. You have the softest cheeks for kissing. You refuse to go to sleep each night until I have the privilege of kissing your pillowy cheeks. I get 3 kisses, one for each cheek and one on the lips. I love how you hold up your chin to present your cheeks to be kissed.
4. You are a man of efficiency. You find the fastest easiest way to do any chore, whether house work or school work. You have a bright mind.
5. You have an amazing imagination and spectacular sound effects.
6. You are a lady's man. There is always a string of girls at school who adore you. I should know better by now, but I was driving you to a birthday party for your friend Brady this year. Somewhere along the route to the party you said, "I love Brady's long golden hair." I said, "Tadpole, is Brady a girl?!" You said, "Of course she is, Brady is a girl's name." I thought it was a boy's name and Brady got a Lego Ninjago set for her birthday.
7. You are a wonderful son. We are so blessed to have you in our family! We love you to pieces!
Happy birthday Tadpole! You are simply wonderful!








No comments:
Post a Comment