I went to tuck in the kiddos on St. Patty's Eve to find that I already had a pot of gold!
Tadpole spent the entire night curled up in a little ball in his "pot".
He said he was, "the best pot of gold ever!" I couldn't agree more!
The Leprechaun wreaked some serious havoc, to our already disarrayed house, but at least he left us candy!
Abz got up early, surveyed the scene, snatched the candy wrappers from the garbage and found me coming out of the bedroom. She shook her head knowingly and said, "I caught you green handed!" I put on my most innocent expression and she said, "Nice try." She held up the candy wrappers and said, "I've been sneaking downstairs at midnight for a handful of chocolate chips all week. I noticed the candy bags in the same cupboard. I dug them out of the trash can this morning." I congratulated her on her detective work and told her if she could keep the secret from the little boys she could be the Leprechaun next year. She liked this idea! I told her we could let Superkid in on the secret too. She brought him downstairs. I said, "Abizella caught the Leprechaun. She caught me green handed." Abizella said, "Ya! I told you- there's the Leprechaun! (pointing at me)" Superkid looked bewilderingly and said, "Where?!" I raised a guilty finger. Instead of acknowledging the years of deception his gaze followed my finger and he looked up to the ceiling and more emphatically said, "WHERE?!" Sadly, I explained that I was the Leprechaun. He was so disappointed, even though I told him he could be a Leprechaun next year. Completely bummed, he said, "Next year I hope we catch a REAL Leprechaun!" We'll cut him some slack he is 6 books deep into Harry Potter right now.
Tadpole asked how the Leprechaun turned the toilet water green. I asked him, "How do you think?" He yelled, "Gross!" and ran to check the milk. Fortunately we ran out pigging out on Dad's chocolate chip cookies the night before!
Here are our lucky Shamrock recipients...
And our St. Patty's Day objector.
His favorite color is red and no amount of pinching could convince him that green was good!
No comments:
Post a Comment