Friday, November 2, 2012

Trunk-or-Treaties

Undoubtedly our favorite church activity of the year is Trunk-or-Treat! Now that I have kids who count down the days until their first candy haul, there is no escaping it! ...even if it means I take them solo while Pops is at the temple. I planned it well. We got there just in time to set up our spooky trunk and line up for the costume parade.
Tadpole, with a whole trunk full of costumes at his beckoning, chose Spiderman for the occasion.
Little Chief went the Republican route, which is incredibly endearing for Pops and absolutely frightening for Bampa.
In either case, this little Elephant picked up IMMEDIATELY on the importance of the occasion. He is the first 2 yr. old I know who didn't completely abandon Trick-or-Treating upon receipt of his first lollipop. This kid triumphantly raised his bag at each trunk and yelled, "Trick-or-Treat!" and then proudly announced, "I an elephant!" After the candy giver adoringly placed a piece of candy in his bag, he would wave and say, "Thank-you!" and leave the candy giver in a complete puddle. 
He didn't skip a trunk.

No comments: