Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's When New England Shines

I used to hate Autumn, being the death of summer, but honestly Autumn in New England just can't be beat. The weather is spectacular, the leaves are brilliant, and you know how I feel about the apples.  Even with the enormity of the fall clean-up around here, I have been thoroughly converted to Fall.

We've been tackling a few Fall projects around here. 
First on the docket was the box of nearly 200 bulbs Holly sent from her trip to Holland this Spring. We had to find them a nice cool home for the winter. Nothing these Toads like more than a shovel and lots of dirt! Now we can't wait to see the fruits of our labors come Spring!
Next up on the list was tackling the brier patch that has been doing us all in (even Shadow!). I had about 300 of these little stickers in my hair before I was done, but I did come off conqueror!
And then the leaves, oh. my. We still have a couple of more weeks of hauling them back to the compost mound in the back corner of the yard. This isn't even a quarter of the pile, it goes on forever and makes the perfect playhouse for the Toads.
They have fashioned a little secret lean-to club house (that the adults know nothing about), complete with a toilet, which is rumored to have been of full service to all club members.
Let this glorious season stretch out forever (well at least until Spring!) 
Long Live Autumn!

No comments: