Let's just say that the kiddos are acclimating to their new environment just fine.
Little Chief is a major fan of our NEWEST family member, Shadow (who he calls, "Woof"). It is a match made in heaven. Shadow gets lots of back rubs and table scraps, Little Chief gets someone who doesn't get *frustrated* with him...
Sad, I know... but he is a busy boy and it was a busy month.
Little Chief is also a major fan of all the low hanging fruit around here!
This is a mischief maker's paradise.
Although, his FAVORITE part of the house is the dog door. Suddenly the world is open to him, he can just get up and leave whenever he wants and roam as far as he wants... so long as he doesn't want to roam past the fence of the dog-run.
The closets here are rooms unto themselves. When we first went to tour our new space, the kids all claimed their closet. The concept of having a whole gigantic bedroom was too much to digest. While the young Toads have adjusted to sleeping in their cavernous rooms, their closets remain a grand place to hang out, and the first place we look when we can't find them (which happens all the time in this mansion).
Superkid's office/Tadpole's train terminal...
Abizella's Pony stable/'Lil Chief's wrecking zone...
Tadpole and Superkid's room...
Abizella and 'Lil Chief's room...
Other favorite places include...
The LAUNDRY SHOOT
(are you kidding me! The sheer joy of putting your dirty clothes in the hamper!)!!!
Miss Abizella's private art studio...
Superkid's music hall...
And my personal fav, the one-size-fits-ALL-THE-KIDS-old-fashioned-claw-foot bath tub.
Good old family fun!
Little Chief is a major fan of our NEWEST family member, Shadow (who he calls, "Woof"). It is a match made in heaven. Shadow gets lots of back rubs and table scraps, Little Chief gets someone who doesn't get *frustrated* with him...
Sad, I know... but he is a busy boy and it was a busy month.Little Chief is also a major fan of all the low hanging fruit around here!
This is a mischief maker's paradise.
The closets here are rooms unto themselves. When we first went to tour our new space, the kids all claimed their closet. The concept of having a whole gigantic bedroom was too much to digest. While the young Toads have adjusted to sleeping in their cavernous rooms, their closets remain a grand place to hang out, and the first place we look when we can't find them (which happens all the time in this mansion).Superkid's office/Tadpole's train terminal...
Tadpole and Superkid's room...The LAUNDRY SHOOT
(are you kidding me! The sheer joy of putting your dirty clothes in the hamper!)!!!
Miss Abizella's private art studio...
5 comments:
I was starting to worry about you guys! I am so glad you guys are having a good time in the new place. It about broke my heart reading about Sam leaving his home. I bet you will make some fabulous memories in the new mansion. Plus, you still have the good old blog to go back to for those precious memories. Sure love you guys and are glad you're settling in. Can't wait for you to catch up on your blogging!
You got a dog with this whole house switching deal. Bonus! How cool is that. He looks like a keeper.
Can I say I feel a little green? Envy is not a good shade for me, however, so I'll quash it the best I can.
So happy for you guys! You've suffered with a lack of space for far too long!
So glad you're back. The laundry shoot is my favorite feature of my house...I always want to have one!
I am so excited!!!! There was a laundry shoot in one of our houses growing up and I have always wanted one again. And how 'bout that piano! SWEET!! I am so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment