Last Friday was Abizella's Kindergarten gingerbread house making party. Parents were invited and that wasn't an invitation that I was going to pass up. I took the day off and partied with my favorite kindergarten queen. ...and while I was at it, I took the car into the shop which meant that we had the opportunity to get to school the old fashioned way. We bundled the kids up with layers and layers and layers until they screamed, "I can't put my arms down!" I scolded them, "You can put your arms down when you get to school!"

But not like the old fashioned days, they got a modern parental escort to school. They know the way, we do it from time to time. After I told them that I always walked to school by myself they have insisted that they should do it to. The compromise is that I hang back a respectable distance once we hit the school grounds. When we hit the corner of the school, Abz turned around and confidently said, "Mom, we can take it from here." She was off without a wave or a nod. Superkid lingered a little, took a few more steps and turned back with a toothy smile and a big wave for his mama.

I hiked back later in the morning for the gingerbread house construction project. My job was to nod approvingly and wear the fabulous symmetrical gingerbread man necklace Abz made for me. Abz's job was obvious. Frosting is clearly her medium.

And here is the class picture. I regret not snapping one last year of Superkid's class. Same teacher... only 25 students (that is a lot out here). We love Mrs. P. She is a celebrity around here... Not quite Dr. B status, but she is great.
1 comment:
Looks like my kind of party! And, I must agree, frosting is Abz's own way to express herself.
I'm not in Boston until the semester starts again but, come January 11th, I'm ready to hit the town and meet up for lunch if you're game!
Post a Comment