Sunday, July 12, 2009

More Independence Day Fun!

Around here, the Independence Day fun kicks off on the 2nd of July on Pop's birthday and the TRUE birthday of our country (ask Pop's for the details on that one).
And just like our forefathers, we spent time running through sprinklers...
...and, of course the heavens smiled upon our celebration and blessed us with our own rainbow to run under.

We had a patriotic reading of Click Clack Moo...
And rounded out the weekend by wandering down to the harbor for some fireworks over the water (which if you put on your night vision goggles you will see behind Pops and Tadpole)...
Young Tadpole was not a fan and spent the entire fireworks display with his head burrowed in his special silky blanket. He did not look up once, even after being transferred to his stroller and walked back to the car. 
Kind of reminds me of young Abizella when she was his age. We watched the fireworks over the water in Bar Harbor. She rolled up her hands and covered her eyes and didn't look up until we were safe in our hotel room. I only bring it up now because after carrying her for 20 minutes 8 months pregnant as we trudged back to our room I feel I am something of a hero (not a child abuser for taking such a wee one to a scary fireworks display).

1 comment:

Melis said...

I think it's great you got Lou Diamond Phillips to read a story to your kids.