Saturday, October 4, 2008

Family and Friends

One of the best parts of going back to Utah is getting to be with my family and friends that I don't normally get to see. Because there were so many events going on, I really got to take in a lot. I wish I were better at snapping pics. Before I flew out there I saw some pics on Brian and Melissa's web site of some of my cousin's kids that I haven't seen in 10 years. Honestly, I would not be able to pick them out on the street. It breaks my heart not to know them better. But I did LOVE getting to see my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and their kids (and how much they look alike!) while I was there.
Here is my favorite Uncle David meeting Little Tadpole. Everyone should have a cool Uncle Dave!
And his wife, my mom's sister, Aunt Carolyn
Aunt Val and Cousin Angie (Adah, you remember her from the swinging singles ward).
Uncle Dan and Aunt Louise (My Mom's sister)
My Mom, Cousin Lisa and her Daughter Sophie

Aunt Nelda and Aunt Zella (ever wonder where Abizella comes from?)
Cousin Suzy, her daughter Sierra and little K-Man (Nersey's son)
Cousin Julie, Aunt Zella Jean (like I said, ever wonder where Abizella comes from?) and Julie's daughters Mylie, and 2 more I forgot their names, doh! (rescue me Mindurs!) ...and another not shown.
I LOVED seeing old friends too! 
Here is Sarah and her new baby twins Oakley and Ashley!!!!
...and Jupawsly's daughter P.J. (How did I not get a picture of Jupaws, and Mel?)
...and my high school and Rusky friend Wendy. When we were in Russia the longest we were EVER separated was 8 hours, and it was a total accident. It is hard to believe I have only seen her twice in 7 years!

Crossing enemy territory.... (Warning: The following contains graphic displays of BYU loyalty. In the interest protecting those of you with delicate U of U sensibilities, I recommend closing this website now).

Mr. BYU  Prof. himself and his lovely wife Melonius and Superkid and Abizella's long lost friends Cuddles and EZ. (At least they had the decency of leaving their "true colors" behind the Zion Curtain)
And Jeff, Delise and Co. on their way behind the Zion Curtain for a game. Thanks for making us a part of the day's festivities.
And a BIG Treat! The George's were visiting in Utah too! The way Superkid hugged Sandy in the parking lot of Thanksgiving Point you would have thought he found his long lost mother. 
And it was PJ's 1st birthday!!! Thanks for celebrating with us!

5 comments:

KIM D said...

sniff, sniff, tear--I miss UTAH! Or it could be the picture of you with the George's.

Steve said...

I can't believe you allowed that many zoob shirts into our parents' house. Unreal.

Cherisa said...

SO jealous of you and the George's! Got to say Derrick's face is classic!

Cherisa said...

I'm also jelous of you getting to see Melonius's crew and Delise and company. Just didn't manage to get those in before clicking "publish" on the last comment.

Jeni said...

so jealous!!!!! what a treat for your guys to see all our long lost friends@