Hello one and all, gather around the imaginary fire pit and prepare to be regailed with the tales of my week here in Brazil.
The week started off stong with a meeting with other missionaries in my zone (a big part of the mission area) for breakfast and a training I didn't realy understand as alas, I still don't speak all that much Portuguese. That being said it was fun getting to catch up with the other Elders including Elder Beare.
Walking all day every day is definitely getting easier for me and I can usually keep up with Elder Da Silva dispite him literaly being the Flash. It also helps that we visit so many cool people who are always so chill. We where literaly listening to American Christmas music with a member yesterday, so yeah, the people here rock.
My Portuguese is getting much better as I'm now able to introduce us and talk about what we do and offer a Book of Mormon as a present while explaining it. Still have legitimately no clue what anyone around me is saying but that should come in time (fingers crossed).
The food here continues to be delicious and my pizza counter increases to 3! I'll admit going in to the mission, I was a bit skeptical regarding Brazilian food but its easily one of the highlights.
If you wish to keep up with my journey, also feel free to check out the Google photos ablum:https: //photos.app.goo.gl/ Xtrv4XrgQjEyX7XK6
Its starting to feel normal being here in Brazil which is awesome, I cannot wait to regail you with tails of my travels in this far off land next week, till then, adeu.
Spiritual Thought: One of the coolest parts of being on a mission is how much you have to rely on God. I'll be the first to admit there's a lot about Brazil that goes against what I'm used to and pushes me out of my comfort zone, but every time I've had an actual problem I have brought before the Lord, I have seen it all but vanish. He didn't stop being a God of miracles after the scriptures where done being written, he has blessings and even miracles planed for you if your willing to come to Him in humidity, accept His will and ask. I know He loves you and wants all the best things for you.
- God be with you till we meet again,
Elder Bennion




No comments:
Post a Comment