Saturday, December 5, 2020

Pandemic Swim Meet

 
 This is the first year 4 Toads are swimming together on an official (non-mom) team.
They are very supportive of each other and giggle and brag all of the way home from the pool after each practice. They have even started a non-optional push-ups challenge after each practice- so they can all get "Swoll" together (they are all gagging that I tried to use their slang just there).
You will notice a distinctive lack of pictures of Tadpole swimming. That is because I was there on official business as a timer. I like to time- but it is also the only way a parent can get into a swim meet during a pandemic. I was always timing a kid in my lane when Tad was swimming- so I missed him completely. I never had swimmers during the other kids. This was the most smoothly operated swim meet I have ever been to. Only 1/4 of the team was there- they had to stand in a line 6 feet apart and they always swam in the same lane and everyone got to swim every event. Later, the other parts of the team will swim and then our team's scores will be compared to another team's scores for final results. It was awesome. We were in and out of there in 90 minutes. I hope this is something we can learn from the pandemic- how to run an efficient swim meet!

 
50 Butterfly
Superkid on the left, Abizella on the right


Little Chief- 25 Free
Superkid and Abizella- 50 Free
Little Chief- 25 Breast

Superkid and Abizella- 50 Breast
Little Chief- 25 Back
Superkid and Abizella- 50 Back


Superkid and Abizella- 100 IM



No comments: