Once upon a time we had these super amazing best friends that lived here in Boston with us. We all lived happily in Quincy together before any of us had kids. In the glory days we even lived in the same apartment complex. We both heaped on the kids over the years and our bond only grew stronger. Then those turkeys packed up and moved away forever. Pops said they were dead to us. We have managed to see them a few times over the last few years, and each time we love them more than ever and we are madder than ever that they moved away. We are so robbed. We love the Blackburns.
They came recently to show their kids their birthplace and the people that would have been their best friends forever.
We took the Blackburns to the Adams National Park.
The best part is that Pops didn't know that he was wearing a dress.
The Blackburn kiddos
We were all instant friends all over again.
We toured the Adams' old houses...
But we all agree, the Trolley ride was the best part.
Then on to the "new" Mansion house.
Not everyone had another tour in them. I volunteered to man the troops in the gardens.
We met a butterfly catcher. He had 5. I was mystified until the kid told us he was selling them on eBay for $5 each.
Little Chief is big into garden photography...
We did manage to get in on the tail end of the tour to see the library and even got a glimpse of Emma Smith's Book of Mormon.
Next, we rushed home to pull together some costumes for Trunk or Treat and bake a pie...
Since the kiddos were going as Rangers, I decided to go as a Skandian. Abz and Superkid whipped up a battle ax for me.
Then we headed for our happy place- Nantasket beach to romp once again with our old friends.
We took a spin on our old carousel, just like the good 'ol days.
And we topped it off with summer's last scoop of ice cream...
Dave found a "tooth" rock...
I REALLY loved reconnecting with my friend. I REALLY miss sitting around all afternoon chatting with Chris while the kiddos happily played. I can simply never get enough. We sat up late each night trying to squeeze it all in.
Really the best part was to see how fast the kiddos became BFFs again (or for the first time). Chris sent this sweet pic that Cora insisted upon drawing as soon as she got home and before she went to bed.
I think we need to plan a road trip out west this summer so we can do it all over again!
No comments:
Post a Comment