Friday, July 25, 2014

Ice Cream Is Love


Disclaimer: If you do not have Ben and Jerry's ice cream in the immediate vicinity of this blog post DO NOT CONTINUE READING! It is not humanly possible to view the abundance of delicious creamy Vermont's finest bathing our tongues and dripping down our chins without satiating your own Ben and Jerry's desire. You simply will go mad.

That being said, I can't believe that we haven't been here before. There is a reason that the Ben and Jerry's factory is Vermont's #1 tourist attraction. We could hardly wait to stuff our heads in a carton of ice cream!

We learned so many wonderful things on the tour. Like how Ben and Jerry's cows are "outstanding in their field". Our tour guide had a lot of fabulous puns. After this particular pun Tadpole yelled out, "I don't get it." He was met with a room of chuckles. Next came the video of B and J's history. Much to Tad's dismay, the video didn't explain the pun either. He yelled out a gain, "I still don't get it!" This brought down the house. He was right. The film had nothing to do with cows standing in fields.

Sorry folks, no camera's inside the factory (top secret stuff), but we did get to pull them out for a photo shoot in the old test kitchen. This is also where we got to taste test the day's factory output.
Waiting for it...

Waiting for it...
Got it!

Sadly I cannot find the name of the ice cream. 
There are over 400 B and J's flavors!
This one had a vanilla base with coconut, salted caramel and chocolate covered truffle clusters. Divine. I have gone nearly mad looking for it so I can re-live that glorious moment.
After the tour, we raced over to the scoop shop to try a few more flavors!
Everything met with our approval!
We literally bathed ourselves in its goodness.
7 cheers for Ben and Jerry's!
We rounded out our tour with a stroll through the old flavor graveyard.
We had a fabulous time reading the epitaphs! Superkid's favorite was on ode to Fossil Fuel.
Superkid recommends sitting down before reading it.
We can't wait for our next trip to Vermont, we'll just tie ourselves over with B and J's until then!

No comments: