Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oh Mother's Day!

 Can you believe it is Mother's Day already? 
Good thing too! 
The family is banging out the dishes so I can kick back with the blog and do some catching up.
Times are busy and we do our best to get the most important things done. 
Laundry isn't one of them. 
Superkid came down the stairs the other morning and said, 
"Any chance of getting some clean clothes around here?" 
I took this as a very positive comment. 
#1 The kid is finally self aware about his cleanliness. 
#2 A great opportunity to get the kid ready to be a contributing member of society. 
Guess who is on laundry duty next week? 

This has been a fantastic Mother's Day. Abizella woke me up with a menu she had prepared. She acted both as waitress and chef this morning. Tadpole was the bus boy. I dined in bed. I got coupon books, poems, cards and flowers. 
My favorite coupon was from Superkid for, "50% off Crying". 
When I read it he said, 
"What? I can't control myself around Little Chief and Tadpole". 
Thanks for the reductions in beatings big guy, and the honesty!

This has been a great Mother's Day on another front too!  My sisters and I sent some special love to Glama. I wish I had the kids make some love for me too!

I love my Mom. I have the *BEST* one. Who else but the best Mom *EVER* would wear such a loving tribute to church today? The crown was made for the "Queen Bee" of the Davis Hive, made by Cincha's family. The necklace, representing all of her little grandbaby jewels, was made by Mindur's family. The toe clips (worn here as hair clips) were made by Nerzy's family, representing all the time she spent rubbing Mom's tired feet. The sash, representing Mom's beautiful garden, was made by my little Toads. The lilac corsage was made by Charlene's family to represent the beautiful corsage my Mom made my grandma when she was a little girl.

No comments: