Sunday, February 3, 2013

Curly Top

Abizella's friend, Sara, gave her an American Girl DVD "how-to" guide for hair-dos for Christmas. Ever since Abz has been *obsessed* over curls. 
I tried to warn her. 
As a child I was lined up with my 3 sisters every Saturday night while my mom tirelessly drenched our hair in hairspray, braided and put our hair up in sponge curlers. Four squiggly heads, all while watching "Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island". My sister Cindy argues it was "St. Elsewhere", and maybe it was by the time it got to her turn. I have to say I REALLY admire my mother's commitment to beauty. But then again, she too was lined up with her sisters on Saturday night while her mother tied her hair up in rags.

Curlers are a right of passage, and Abizella was not about to be skipped over. She demanded her turn for a miserable night in the name of gorgeous tresses. She knew the family expert was coming to town and made her wishes known. Glama expertly rolled her hair and assured her that with time she wouldn't be able to sleep unless she had curlers jabbing into her head.
Whaa-La!
Now for the test! Will she make it through the night?!
This girl has what it takes!
She survived! And Thrived! She is *begging* for more. 
I have to admit, she makes a darling little Shirley Temple!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

We LOVE it!!!!!!! Can't wait for Feb break!