Jessica showed up Thanksgiving morning with the newspaper tucked under her arm. We all spent the day browsing the adds for all things bright and glimmery to delight our hearts. It reminded me of receiving the Sears catalog in the mail right before Christmas. I remember flipping through the pages over and over again circling all my favorite picks, which turned out to be pretty much anything in the catalog aimed at a girl. I think it was first Superkid's idea to grab a pair of scissors and start clipping out favs for his letter to Santa. The others were not about to miss out in such great fun and important work!
Topping Superkid's list is the Nerf N-Strike gun with "nite vishin gogls". He is also dying for an iPod Touch, Lego sets, robots and the Polar Express train set.
Abizella wants an EZ Bake oven, fancy dress-up shoes, slippers, art supplies, Disney Princesses, and a sewing machine! ... that is until she saw the Black Friday door buster add at K-Mart for a $10.99 sewing machine and realized she could just but that herself!
This will go down in history as the BEST $10.99 she ever spent! Long story short, K-Mart did not have said sewing machine in stock on-line, or in the store (I know because we spent a very ugly Black Friday night at K-Mart). After giving up and deciding the pay the difference and buy it elsewhere, I got online to see the terrible reviews. In the end the "difference I paid" was a little more substantial, but the machine will go the distance. Abz already whipped out her first project, a silky skirt for her doll.
Nice work!
Topping Tadpole's list is Hot Wheel's Wall Tracks, after all it is the tidy toy that will never touch the ground and is still loads of fun! He is also pining for Angry Bird's Star Wars plush toys, remote control cars, Thomas the Train's buddy Victor, and GeoTracks.
Little Chief didn't catch wind of the whole making a list scene.
But it is pretty clear what is on this kid's mind.
Ponies.
Ponies, Ponies, Ponies.
He loves his (okay, Abz's) horses. I find him up chatting with his little horse buddies, acting out little scenarios. If he sees me, he looks up and says, "Go away Mom!"
It is clear the horse takes center stage in his heart!
1 comment:
Have you checked out the sites www.pinchingyourpennies.com and www.freebies2deals.com? They post awesome deals (some of which are on their wish lists) when they become available. Good luck! Christmas is stressful with one kid, I can't imagine Christmas for 4 (and 1/2)!
Post a Comment