Saturday, July 7, 2012

Out With the Bang of the Fireworks!

Nobody wanted to go home. 
Even Tadpole who said every single day, "Mom, I miss my old life", did not want to go. 
Superkid was hit pretty hard. 
The kid would live the rest of his life in Utah if given the chance. 
But we did manage to wrangle everyone on to the airplane for our 4th-of-July-Red-Eye. 
We did have a little stomach bug heading onto the plane, but all went pretty well until we were landing in New York and Superkid blew his cookies.
 Hard. Gallons of them. 
I looked over and and wondered why Pops and Tad were so wet, and what was all that splashing? Then I saw Superkid heaving. blech. 
I would have thrown a major tantrum if I were Tad. 
He sat there drenched in vomit and just turned to look up at Pops and said, 
"Why does our family have to be so gross?". 
Seriously. 
We were the last ones off the plane. Everyone did a a complete change of wardrobe and a airport bathroom sink bath. We looked up and realized we were 8 minutes away from our next flight leaving. Happily we made it!
I bagged the crazy idea of going into work and instead we all came home and crashed. hard.
We sure do love us some Utah. 
We all decked out in our new Utah Utes duds to help us feel better. 
Can't wait to go back next year!
Thank-you Utahans for making our trip so wonderful! We love you!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

So gross, but I have to say I LOVE your story telling abilities...I was laughin so hard.

Rachel said...

I LOVE the puke story. I laughed out loud!! What a sport Tad is!