Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Puddle Love

I didn't miss winter this year and I am OVERJOYED with *early* spring. As much as I LOVE summer, I think I love *anticipating* summer even more. Spring is the time I start dreaming of my gorgeous lush garden which usually doesn't come to fruition, but doesn't stop me from snatching up seed packets and little seed starting trays. It is also a time for chilly damp walks. While there still is no hint of blossoms, there is that rich earthy smell of the promise of green. Pops and I used to wander around in the Spring time and chat about our future. These days there isn't as much time for chatting, but still plenty of fun chasing after kiddos.

A couple of Saturdays back we had one of those whako Spring days where it actually snowed in the morning, and was a fabulous 50 degrees with *sunshine* in the afternoon. That did it. I pulled the bikes out of their winter slumber and pumped up their tires and we headed to our favorite estuary for a spin. Much to our delight, there were spectacular PUDDLES!

The big Toads circled round and round to slice through this beauty...
WEEEEEEEEE!
While the little Toadies thrilled in good old fashioned stomping.
And there's nothing like bringing home a little Mother Nature...
We'll have to work on getting Abz some camouflage, that way the mud won't detract from her cute booty, right Superkid?

No comments: