It's 7:00 a.m. We have pulled 4 kids from their sweet slumber and stuffed them in their car chairs. Abizella has thrown up. We have stopped for donuts and chocolate milk. Pops has made a goal to not get a speeding ticket. We are heading out to Kirtland, Ohio for the Joseph Smith Sr. family reunion (much more of that to come).
Kinda takes me back. Actually, 10 years ago TODAY Pops and I loaded all of our earthly possessions into a Penske truck, grabbed a box of donuts and began our 3 day journey from Utah to Boston (via Kirtland, Ohio). I wish I could go back to the cab of that truck and listen to those two young kids chatter about their future. I think they would be pleased. Life is good. We have made a nice little life for ourselves in Boston. Pops has picked up a law degree. We've added 4 kids to the mix. We've both got jobs we love. We have made lots of great friends (although many have become long distance friends), and we all have our health. Things have worked out great.
2 comments:
You do have a great life, with wonderful kids!
Happy life. My eyebrows were still growing back when you made that drive.
Post a Comment