Sunday, March 20, 2011

Robo-Boy


Superkid said, “Mom, you’ll be with me all of the time.”

I said that I would like that and asked him when. He responded, “When I am at MIT building robots. I’ll make them and you can operate them.”

Sounds about right to me.


And what kind of robots will he be building?

Well every night we discuss just that. He recently asked me if I could bring him home some brain cells from work. I asked him why and he said, “What! I need cells if I am going to build the first robot with a real human brain!” I replied, “Oh really, so how are you going to grow the cells?” He said, “You can show me that because you do that all of the time.” Then he explained the attributes of having a robot with a real brain. Basically it cuts down on the programming time.



What next?

How about a watch that can make and repair DNA?

I asked him what happens if DNA breaks. He retorted, “I don’t know, but it can’t be good… hey Mom, do you think that is how we can make new life forms? My watch could break DNA and make aliens.”


Why stop at that?

What about this Superkid scheme to build a time machine so we can go and fetch Albert Einstein? Sounds like we could use him. We have lots of projects to work on.


I can't make this stuff up. I wish I were that clever and creative.

I walk through the door every evening and Super-motor-mouth is waiting for me. When he was a baby, Pops and I always wondered what was going on in his head. Now we know it is an endless stream of robots, inventions, planes and rockets.

I’m just looking forward to the completion of the house-cleaning robot he has been promising!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Put me on the waiting list for Superkid's house cleaning robot! Holy cow, I love your kids!

Jeni said...

What a great kid!